Unfortunately, I purchased the ritzpix membership and have NEVER redeemed nor received any value for the $219.90 I have been charged to date.Like a lot of other Americans, I am now unemployed and need to eliminate unnecessary debt.

When I called Ritz Customer Service today, I had the displeasure of talking with an unsympathetic individual named "Susan" who advised it would cost me an additional $75 to cancel my membership. Seriously!! When I asked to speak with a supervisor I was advised there were none available until tomorrow. Seriously!!

What type of an organization is Ritz Camera running?

Comments

WHEN I PUT IN MY RITSPIX CARD NUMBER IT DOES NOT WORK

This program is a total scam! I signed up fr the program planning to use it frequently however it is nearly impossible to use it.

1. You cannot see your balance of credits that you have already paid online - you have to call them everytime and they have some ridiculous east coast hours so in the evenings when I have time to do this stuff, there is no one there to take my calls.

2. You cannot roll over your $20 monthly fee for more than 60 days. In other words - you cannot save up more then $40 in credits at a time to purchase a more expensive product. If you do not use your credits within 60 days, you lose your money - RIP OFF!

3. Their website is terrible. I have spent countless hours trying to upload photos and create products but their site tools are out of the ice ages and nothing works properly - super painful!

I feel completely ripped off and highly recommend folks stay as far away from this program as possible. I will never use Ritz again!

I just found out today that my card is no longer good as the Ritzpix store has a new owner.I still have $60.

on the card and I can't use it and they will not give the money back to me.I say you are correct the store is a rip off.

Susan C is right. Read a contract before you sign it.

I joined the network and a few months later they closed the only store within 200 miles of my house. I was planning on taking classes at the store and it was short walk from where I work so it was convenient for me to have pictures and calendars done there. they would not cancel my membership.

I purchased a camera and I signed up for the membership card.HOWEVER the Ritz Camera I signed up at was unprofessional.

Employees were badmouthing each other trying to get me to buy from them. I know you have quotas and maybe even work off commission, but I came into your store and dropped a lot of money, I would have appreciated a little professionalism. To top it off, the store closed maybe a month after I bought my camera. Of course no one shared with me that in the future it would be a huge pain to get any of my pictures developed and the picture book I was promised would be impossible to get because the store closed.

I will never under any circumstances purchase anything from any Ritz again. Now all I want to do is cancel my useless membership card and I can't even figure out what the procedure is, I just keep getting the terms and conditions page.

I work for a company as the cancellations manager and I know there is ALWAYS a way you can help the customer if you choose to.At this point, I just want to know how to cancel this and how to pay whatever ridiculous cancellation fee there is.

I signed up, but once I did I realize there was no easy way to use it.I canceled months ago once my 12 mo was up but just realized that I am still being charged a monthly fee.

I will be calling to cancel yet again, if you use it a lot I can see where it might save you money but for me it really did not.

But I did see the potential.I just wish they didn't keep charging me for the last 5 months.

I have been working for Ritz Camera since 2008 in the Pacific Northwest. I have been a manager since December of 2010. Here's what I know:

The Ritzpix Network is NOT a ripoff, and it is NOT intended to "scam" anyone out of their money. It is a membership card intended for regular customers that intend to regularly visit our stores, because they enjoy organizing, printing, and sharing their memories through our photofinishing services.

The benefit for Ritz? It is simply a way for our company to keep traffic in our stores throughout the year.

The benefit for our Customers? It helps to take care of their photofinishing work, instead of letting it pile up and overwhelm them.

The Network helps people get their vintage memories restored, archived and preserved, before it's too late. The Network helps parents get motivated and inspired to share the digital images of their children that are sitting on their computers. These are two examples of how the Ritzpix Network benefits our customers, but we have a broad range of customers that use our Ritzpix Network monthly and have no qualms with it. They are photo enthusiasts, professional photographers, teachers, parents, students, grandparents... Normal people, not being ripped off. The Network works for them, because they love photos, and they love to share them. You can even use your Ritzpix Network card to pay for admission to our photo seminars and classes, or any educational services that we offer.

With that said, there are certainly customers that I've encountered in my time with this company who have either misenterpreted the program, or they thought maybe they'd be able to keep up but they wound up forgetting about it, or they can't afford it anymore, etc. Let me be explicitly clear when I say that nobody at Ritz Camera wants to steal your money and hose you over. We are a customer driven business, and we exist to offer products and services that benefit our customers, not to steal profit and take advantage of people.

I have witnessed a handful of customers who have "dropped the ball" on using their Network card, and we ALWAYS take care of them in the most ethical fashion possible, whether it's re-issuing them credit to their Network card after it expired, or assisting them in cancelling their plan, or whatever we need to do to make it right. The goal isn't to misinform and lose our customers due to unclear and unfair practices. The goal is to enrich people's lives with photography and the preservation of precious memories. This is my store's vision, and I believe that it is the overall vision of the company as a whole.

I cannot speak for the people that you've encountered during the unfortunate experience that you've described, but I hope you realize that this company is here because of a legacy of excellent service to our customers, and even if we've been through some challenges and there have been changes, we are no less dedicated to offering the best service possible to our loyal customers.

Tim Zuella is the Director of Customer Service for our company, and he actually took the time to post his direct contact information to resolve your problem... He's the guy I talk to when I need to bend some rules to get someone taken care of. I'd say that speaks volumes about what our company is willing to do to make things right.

I know that if a customer came to my store with this issue, I would do everything within my power to make it right. Not because I'm afraid I'll lose my job if I don't, or because I don't want the customer to blab on "PissedCustomer.com", but because I actually feel that my job has a more important impact on people than clerking at a convenience store, and if for any reason a customer questions my motive or the motives of Ritz Camera, it is my responsibility to help them understand that I am on their side, and I am here to help. My job is to preserve people's memories, and I take great pride in the things I help my customers achieve. I give 110% of myself every day at my job, and even though there are people out there in any of our 300 retail locations who may forget or disregard what it's "all about", we work tirelessly to replace those people with people like me- People who care about the responsibility of providing customers with excellent service and excellent products so that they can enjoy their memories for years to come.

I have been working for Ritz Camera since 2008 in the Pacific Northwest. I have been a store manager since 2010. Here's what I know: